Lots of stood exterior the Exhibition Park grounds in Lethbridge on Thursday afternoon, ready for the gates to open on a September version of Whoop-Up Days.
The occasion often takes place within the final week of August, however appears to be like a little bit completely different this 12 months as a result of development, deadlines, and since it was scheduled when the province was nonetheless underneath COVID-19 restrictions.
Safety protocols for Whoop-Up Days 2021
Regardless of the variations, organizers mentioned attending Evening 1 exceeded their expectations.
“We weren’t positive what to anticipate this 12 months,” mentioned Lethbridge and District Exhibition Director of Communications Mevisha Maistry. “However we’re pleased that the group is coming collectively and having fun with the occasion.”
Getting by way of the gates this 12 months will take an additional step. Individuals should bear a compulsory temperature management when coming into.
These seeking to get their COVID-19 vaccine can achieve this on the premises as Alberta Well being Companies will open a walk-in vaccination clinic within the West Pavilion on Friday September 3 and Saturday September 4 from 11:30 a.m. has till 2:30 p.m.
Whoop-Up Days are again: Messepark declares dates for 2021
The Exhibition Park can also be taking further public well being measures for the advantage of all guests to the location, each indoors and open air:
- Lethbridge & District Exhibition workers should take a compulsory fast check day-after-day from September 2-5 to start out their shift with a adverse consequence.
- Lethbridge & District Exhibition workers are required to put on masks whereas on shift and when interacting with visitors indoors and open air.
- The Lethbridge & District Exhibition has stepped up its communication with workers to underline the significance of non-public preventive measures reminiscent of staying at residence in case of sickness, carrying PPE and washing palms correctly.
- Extra hand disinfection stations can be arrange on your entire occasion website and on the exhibition grounds.
- Areas with excessive contact are constantly monitored for cleanliness. Housekeeping and cleansing workers disinfect continuously touched areas, together with pavilion door handles, railings, washrooms and moveable outbuildings.
- Indicators can be posted all through the venue to remind visitors of non-public preventive measures they will take to stop the unfold of germs.
Province declares practically $ 28 million for exhibition park in Lethbridge
The opening occasions have been deliberate particularly to keep away from disruptions to the COVID-19 vaccination clinic within the exhibition park. The festivities on Thursday have been scheduled for 4pm to 11pm, on Friday from 12pm to 12pm and on Saturday from 12pm to midnight
© 2021 World Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.