Right now’s Morning Letter is delivered to you by SkyAlyne. 83% of Canadians surveyed agree that Canada ought to retain the power to coach its personal army pilots, and we must always hold that key talent beneath Canadian management. SkyAlyne is able to ship the ONLY # TrulyCanadianTraining answer.
You may take heed to right now’s letter right here:
Good morning and have a pleasant Friday.
– Liberals meet, however to not debrief the election: The Liberal Group met nearly and in particular person yesterday in an off-the-cuff farewell to the defeated MPs – however they didn’t maintain a post-election debriefing. There was reportedly little substantive data on the federal government’s subsequent steps, when an official assembly of the caucus would happen or when the conferences within the Home of Commons would resume. The Globe and Mail has the story.
– Tk’emlúps solutions: The Tk’emlúps te Secwepemc First Nation issued a press release yesterday saying that whereas its members stay up for welcoming Prime Minister Justin Trudeau later this month, he has “missed a chance” to be the world displaying private dedication to “actual change and alter” correcting the historic errors “of the boarding faculties – and that his lack of response to the 2 invites despatched was” a further insult “.
– Ottawa is contemplating an exemption some distant indigenous communities from their mandate to vaccinate vacationers. The exception may apply to municipalities the place journey is just doable by air. The newly introduced coverage requires vacationers over the age of 12 to offer proof of full vaccination 14 days earlier than boarding a airplane or practice.
– Shortly: Statistics Canada is because of launch the job report this morning, revealing job market developments over the previous month after a surge in employment in August.
– Don’t miss This week’s Insurgent to Rabble Overview the place we have a look at the progressives who communicate of “reconciliation.”
Information tip? Tell us: [email protected]
AROUND THE WORLD
– Washington publishes “alarming” local weather studies: The Biden authorities has revealed plenty of “alarming” studies on the challenges of local weather change. Practically two dozen federal businesses have revealed studies that establish the highest local weather change threats to their departments and the way they intend to reply. As NBC Information studies, they element how local weather change will “attain each nook of life – from the place we reside to what we eat and the way we get to work.”
– “A low level for the reason that Chilly Battle”: NATO Secretary Basic Jens Stoltenberg railed towards Russia’s “malicious actions” after expelling eight Russian officers and accusing them of espionage. “Relations between NATO and Russia are at their lowest degree for the reason that finish of the Chilly Battle,” he mentioned. “It is due to the Russian habits.”
– Tensions within the South China Sea: Eleven sailors have been injured after a US nuclear submarine hit an “unknown” object in worldwide waters within the South China Sea. The submarine reportedly stays “absolutely operational” and it isn’t clear what brought on the incident.
It comes shortly after US Nationwide Safety Advisor Jake Sullivan gave the BBC an interview during which he mentioned his nation was “deeply involved” about tensions between China and Taiwan and measures which are undermining cross-strait peace. It adopted 4 days in a row during which China despatched a “report quantity” of army jets into Taiwan’s airspace.
– Elsewhere: USA avoids fee defaults. Eire is reducing the low tax charge beneath the worldwide tax treaty. 5.9 magnitude earthquake shakes Tokyo. It has been six months for the reason that French journalist Olivier Dubois was kidnapped in Mali. Poland’s highest courtroom denies the supremacy of EU legislation. Abortions in Texas proceed. Elon Musk strikes Tesla’s headquarters from California to Texas. Premier League clears Saudi Arabia-led acquisition of Newcastle United.
IN OTHER HEADINGS
Within the newest episode of No Speaking Factors, we discuss election studies and vaccination mandates. Pay attention right here.
WHAT WE READ
ICYMI FROM IPOLITICS
CARTOON OF THE DAY
Netflix agreed to take away a cellphone quantity from the vastly fashionable present Squid Recreation after a girl in South Korea mentioned she was inundated with calls and texts as a result of the quantity was put by to her cellphone.