As we speak’s Morning Letter is dropped at you by SkyAlyne. 83% of Canadians surveyed agree that Canada ought to retain the flexibility to coach its personal navy pilots, and we should always maintain that key ability beneath Canadian management. SkyAlyne is able to ship the ONLY # TrulyCanadianTraining resolution.
Good morning iPolitics readers.
– Incoming military commander is being investigated for sexual misconduct: The person who ought to take command of the Canadian Military, Lt.-Gen. Trevor Cadieu is beneath investigation on allegations of sexual misconduct. He denies wrongdoing.
Up to now decade, retired Protection Workers chief Jonathan Vance has confronted a number of sexual misconduct allegations and has been charged with obstruction of justice, Main Normal. Dany Fortin has been charged with sexual assault, the Navy Police have additionally opened an investigation into Vice Admiral Haydn Edmundson on expenses of sexual assault, and Main Normal. Peter Dawe was placed on paid go away after giving a constructive testimonial on behalf of an officer convicted of sexual assault.
– Kady O’Malley appears forward on the remainder of the day in politics with iPolitics AM: “Since Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has as soon as once more booked a full day with ‘personal conferences’, Group Trudeau’s solely entrance bencher with a deliberate public look right this moment is Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland. ”
– Tory Nationwide Council suspends metropolis council over O’Toole petition: The Nationwide Council of the Conservative Get together has suspended Ontario Metropolis Councilor Bert Chen for 2 months due to the net petition he launched to take away Erin O’Toole as social gathering chief. The Hill Occasions affords extra.
– Quebec is delaying vaccination deadlines for well being employees: Quebec is suspending its COVID-19 vaccination mandate for healthcare employees for one month by way of November 15. The Minister of Well being advised reporters the federal government made the choice to delay as a result of there have been nonetheless too many unvaccinated employees – round 14,000 – and following tomorrow’s authentic deadline would have resulted in a labor scarcity.
Information tip? Tell us: [email protected]
AROUND THE WORLD
– Bow and arrow rampage in Norway: 4 girls and one man have been killed in a bow and arrow assault in Kongsberg, Norway final evening. The suspect is a 37-year-old Dane who was recognized to the Norwegian police. He was arrested. BBC Information has extra.
– Taking pictures throughout protests in Beirut: One particular person was shot lifeless and others injured throughout a protest in Beirut, Lebanon, in opposition to the decide investigating the port explosion final 12 months. Heavy photographs are mentioned to have damaged out close to the Palace of Justice throughout the demonstration.
– Elsewhere: Russia’s inhabitants experiences the best peacetime decline, with COVID cited as the primary trigger. Norway’s new center-left authorities mentioned it will develop the oil and fuel trade. EU drops controls on UK items from Northern Eire. The Kenyan world document holder Agnes Tirop was discovered stabbed to dying at dwelling. 4 members of the Egyptian safety forces are on trial in absentia for the homicide of an Italian pupil. At the very least 46 folks have been killed in a hearth in a skyscraper in Taiwan.
IN OTHER HEADINGS
WHAT WE READ
ICYMI FROM IPOLITICS
CARTOON OF THE DAY
“Go in as a caretaker; Come out Millionaires ”: A thief in northern Italy who tried to rob a church oratorio advised police he was impressed by the French Netflix present Lupine.