In the present day’s Vacation Transient is delivered to you by GCT’s #BetterDeltaport marketing campaign. The Port of Vancouver enterprise case for Roberts Financial institution Terminal 2 is falling aside. Why push forward with a flawed plan slightly than contemplating a greater choice for Canada, the taxpayers, and the surroundings? Be taught extra in regards to the higher choice.
You may hearken to at present’s letter right here:
Hey and have a pleasant Victoria Day.
– – Mounties charged with sexual misconduct maintain their jobs: CBC Information reviewed publicly obtainable choices by the RCMP Conduct Committee and located that 14 Mounties convicted of sexual misconduct had been allowed to maintain their jobs over the previous 5 years. Three “acts of home violence” had been additionally allowed to stay within the troop. Six different officers had been launched for incidents of sexual misconduct.
– – Considerations in regards to the overhaul of the nursing house: Consultants warn that the $ 3 billion federal authorities allotted to enhancing long-term care in Canada over 5 years will not be sufficient and that motion is required to make sure that the event of recent requirements is taken successfully and significantly . CBC Information has extra.
– – Bratina would rethink plans if the LRT announcement is reversed: Hamilton Liberal MP Bob Bratina says if Infrastructure Secretary Catherine McKenna abandons plans to fund an LRT venture within the metropolis, he would rethink his resolution to not search re-election. The Hill Occasions has extra.
– – Manitoba goes to Ottawa for assist – and the US: As overwhelmed Manitoba hospitals switch sufferers to intensive care models in Thunder Bay, Ottawa and Windsor, Premier Brian Pallister requested the federal authorities for nurses and respiratory therapists. He additionally stated North Dakota supplied to ship vaccines however the Biden authorities prevented it.
– – In different COVID informationVaccine shipments are anticipated to gradual this week as 600,000 doses of Pfizer are scheduled for cargo. The excellent news is that greater than half of Canadians could have obtained at the least one dose by now, whereas officers consider that by midsummer half of Canadians could have obtained their second dose as nicely.
In the meantime, CBC’s Aaron Wherry has been investigating how COVID will stay a risk so long as it circulates in different international locations, regardless of Canada’s “Vaccine Lottery Successful”. And epidemiologists warn that even when Canada absolutely vaccinates most individuals, there may be nonetheless a threat that variants might result in resurgence in new instances.
Information tip? Tell us: [email protected]
AROUND THE WORLD
– – Armistice between Israel and Hamas: The ceasefire between the Israeli forces and Hamas will final till day 4 when mediators converse with either side about extending the calm. The United Nations is asking for the harm in Gaza to be repaired.
Earlier at present, an Israeli soldier and a civilian had been stabbed and wounded in East Jerusalem. The attacker was shot useless by the police.
– – Belarus diverted a flight to Lithuania from Athens to grab a dissident. After the authorities reported a false bomb alert, they arrested the opposition blogger and journalist Roman Protasevich. The EU calls it a kidnapping. US Secretary of State Antony Blinken additionally weighed in.
– – British BLM activist Sasha Johnson was shot within the head early Sunday morning and is in essential situation. Her celebration says she obtained quite a few loss of life threats, however police stated there was no proof that she obtained any credible threats or that the assault was focused. There was a ugly reply in some corners of the web.
– – Elsewhere: US Republican lawmakers slam Marjorie Taylor Greene’s masks comparability with the Holocaust. At the very least 14 useless after the Italian cable automotive fell to the bottom. The WHO meets. China’s prime diplomat travels to Russia. Excessive climate kills 21 ultra-marathon runners in China. Hospitals in Osaka, Japan are struggling to deal with new instances of COVID. Uncommon protests in Oman sparked a large police response. A volcano erupted within the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The ultimate hero of the Democratic Republic of the Congo’s independence hero Lumumba returns house. As COVID-19 devastated India, Kerala set its personal course. Samoa’s first feminine prime minister was expelled from parliament after dropping an opponent who refuses to resign.
IN OTHER HEADLINES
WHAT WE READ
ICYMI FROM IPOLITICS
BOX OF THE DAY
The Eurovision Tune Contest was held over the weekend – bizarre costumes, controversy and all the things. We’ll go away you with this abstract.
Extra from iPolitics