Right this moment’s Morning Temporary is dropped at you by GE Hitachi. Innovation in Assist of Canada’s Clear Power Imaginative and prescient. Discover out extra right here.
You possibly can hearken to at the moment’s letter right here:
– Ontario Liberal candidate attacked: Marc Serré, the liberal candidate for the Nickel Belt in Northern Ontario, was attacked in his marketing campaign workplace on Monday, police stated. A girl is charged with assault with a gun. She reportedly walked into his workplace and began yelling at Serré and his workers earlier than pushing a desk in opposition to him and pinning him in opposition to a wall. When he recorded the incident on his cellular phone, the girl slapped his arms twice to attempt to wipe them away. She reportedly later kicked the hood of his automotive whereas yelling at him in his workplace parking zone.
Over the weekend, Chris Bittle, one other Liberal candidate in Ontario, stated his automotive was wrecked on his property whereas his household was sleeping. And naturally Liberal chief Justin Trudeau was pelted with gravel at a marketing campaign rally in Ontario final week.
– Capitalized: In at the moment’s election e-newsletter we check out how the wind turned in favor of the Conservatives final evening and what which means within the final days of the race.
Get the Writ Massive Publication in your inbox each morning by contacting us at [email protected], and remember to take a look at our voting dashboard.
– Manitoba Tory unfold misinformation about vaccines: Manitoba’s Conservative federal candidate Ted Falk apologized after being quoted in an area newspaper for spreading misinformation about COVID-19 vaccines. He instructed within the interview that vaccines may do extra hurt than good, however later admitted to quoting incorrect statistics.
– Paul thought of stopping: Annamie Paul, the chief of the Inexperienced Occasion, admitted in a CBC interview that she has thought of stepping down on a number of events. She determined in opposition to it as a result of it will be a “horrible disservice” to go away the get together with no chief earlier than an election.
– The rising menace from white supremacy: In The Hill Occasions, Erica Ifill explores how worry of the pandemic, mixed with elevated on-line time and the affect of the previous US president, may result in a surge in white supremacy and presumably extra violence in Canada.
Information tip? Tell us: [email protected]
AROUND THE WORLD
– Taliban leaders fought within the presidential palace: BBC Information experiences that an essential dispute has not too long ago damaged out between senior Taliban leaders within the authorities. Taliban co-founder Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar reportedly exchanged sturdy phrases with Khalil ur-Rahman Haqqani – the refugee minister and outstanding chief of the militant Haqqani community – whereas their supporters actually fought close by.
– The prime minister of Haiti may very well be charged with the assassination of the president: Haiti’s chief prosecutor has requested the choose investigating President Jovenel Moise’s assassination to cost Prime Minister Ariel Henry of involvement within the case. It has to do with supposed telephone calls Henry made with the suspect.
– Elsewhere: North Korea fires ballistic missiles just a few days after firing a brand new long-range cruise missile. Chinese language Ambassador to Nice Britain expelled from British Parliament. Mass killing of dolphins within the Faroe Islands. An try and recall the California Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom failed. Eire is investigating TikTok.
IN OTHER HEADINGS
WHAT WE READ
ICYMI FROM IPOLITICS
CARTOON OF THE DAY
The Dutch police mistook a Liverpool vacationer for a Sicilian mafia boss who is among the most needed refugees in Europe. After a number of days of arrest and detention, the confused Briton has lastly been launched.