Two new instances of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Kinngait, Nunavut.
The instances had been introduced up by Dr. Michael Patterson, Nunavut’s chief public well being officer, introduced in a press launch on Monday.
The instances are usually not associated to the Iqaluit outbreak, it’s stated. The world now has 30 energetic instances of COVID-19, 28 of that are in Iqaluit.
Group contact tracing has began and Patterson says each individuals are isolating at house and are high-quality.
“To comprise any unfold throughout the group, it’s crucial that residents of Kinngait do their half and comply with up to date public well being measures,” Patterson stated.
“Please be vigilant if you happen to keep house.”
Beginning at 00:01 a.m. on Tuesday, all journey to and from Kinngait is restricted, except freight and emergency journey. This contains all overland journey.
We strongly advise towards all non-essential journey. All non-essential companies and authorities workplaces inside Kinngait should be closed.
All indoor public gatherings are prohibited and restricted to family members plus 5 individuals just for emergencies. Out of doors gatherings are restricted to 5 individuals.
Colleges are solely switching to distance studying and day care facilities have to shut.
In all different Qikiqtaaluk congregations, the press launch says, indoor gatherings are restricted to members of 1 family plus a most of 5 from one other family. Indoor gatherings in halls, convention rooms, authorities workplaces, Inuit organizations, and hamlets are restricted to 25 individuals or 50 p.c of the nominal capability, whichever is decrease.
Out of doors gatherings are restricted to 25 individuals. The faculties there might be transformed to degree 3, which signifies that on-line and face-to-face studying might be mixed and the day-care facilities can stay open.
Masks are necessary in all public locations in all Qikiqtaaluk parishes and in Rankin Inlet.
All different public well being measures at Rankin Inlet stay unchanged.
Anybody who arrived from Iqaluit after April seventh needed to isolate themselves instantly.
Prime Minister Joe Savikataaq stated the transfer was “crucial”.
“As we proceed to hint contacts, we can’t take any probabilities or pointless dangers,” stated Savikataaq.
“When in a public house, you should put on a masks and keep a powerful bodily distance. Keep house as a lot as attainable and ensure just one family member goes to the shop or for essential companies,” stated he.
“We should all do our half to sluggish the unfold of COVID-19.”
Anybody who thinks they might be uncovered to COVID-19 is requested to name the COVID hotline between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET at 1-888-975-8601 or instantly notify their group well being middle and instantly isolate them at house for 14 days .
Individuals should not go to the well being middle in particular person, the press launch stated.
The world will present an replace in a press convention on Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. (CET).